Sunday, June 15, 2008

Congratulations Derek!

Derek was baptized yesterday. I can't believe my baby got baptized. We are so proud of Derek. He is such a great, fun, happy, kid. He said after "It feels like there is something like a spirit in my body making me feel good." (Although he did have a little questionable moment when he thought Angel Moroni at the bottom of his tie was a guy shooting a gun.) Blake baptized and confirmed him. He loved that his family got to be on the program. His Grandpa Jim gave a talk on Baptism, and his Grandma Kay gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. They were great. Jake and Danielle said the prayers (without much grumbling). Aunt Simone led the music and Brett even got to hand out the programs.:)

Derek loved that so many of his family and friends were there to support him. Here are just a few of them!


Derek and his cousin Gabby.

Derek and his good buddy George.

5 comments:

Breakfast at the Zemke's said...

I am so sad I missed it! Congratulations Derek, you're a stud!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!!!! We wish we could have been there. You are a great kid. We have a little something for you that we will get over to your house this week.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your blog. Congrats Derek! Love, Cousin Natalie

mikelle said...

Good job Derek! I'm so proud of you. I wish I could have been there. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Derek! We are so proud of you. We are sorry we couldn't be there for you. We definitely wanted to and were thinking of you!